How to pass to another map

AramCP

Hi guys i have two maps in my game and i want to do that if my player sprite collides with a specific tile (like a door), he will enter to the other map.

I created a diferent state for each map, so states are not the problem, i know how to use them, i've also exported my map, implemented it and all works well.

So how can i make a player collide with a specific tile (with his ID i guees) and if he touches it then i pass to another map?

hi @AramCP i have gone a little bit more in my game so here it is actually, i think i'll do something like you are saying in the future http://asciimulation.link/zeldajs/

anyway, you should just start a state with all the required assets in it

but the questions is : how do you load them in the best way ? i mean going further with a loading state then a loading bar then the level or just everithing in this new state

4 minutes ago, thefailtheory said:

hi @ArmCP i have gone a little bit more in my game so here it is actually, i think i'll do something like you are saying in the future http://asciimulation.link/zeldajs/

anyway, you should just start a state with all the required assets in it

but the questions is : how do you load them in the best way ? i mean going further with a loading state then a loading bar then the level or just everithing in this new state

I created a state that loads all the assets, and then different states for intro, game options, maps etc... Thats not the problem, but i need to know how to pass to another map when te player colides with a specific tile, something like:

if(player collides with the door){

game.state.start('nextmap')

}

PD: Your game looks nice but it becomes a bit laggy when you walk down

3 minutes ago, thefailtheory said:

oh i see, let me a little more time, it's time to sleep actually am sure tomorrow i'll have something interesting to discuss in parralel

i don't have the actual line of code to take a collision with a tile in account

but an idea should be to create a sprite in the area and collid with it better then to collid with the map

I think you solved my problem saying that!

Im going to try it right now xD

thanks!