Can I use PIXI V3 renderer in Phaser?

Herbert

In short, no. I did spend a while integrating Pixi 3 with Phaser 2 (some time ago) but it made no difference to frame rates at all, and was actually profiling slower. This is no fault of Pixi, it's just the way Phaser uses it. For your specific use-case I would recommend just using Pixi 4 outright and build your own libs around it, or see if you can profile the cause of the slow down and eliminate it (sometimes it's something trivial like using too large / many textures, or Text, or Debug, or Graphics calls - and sometimes it's not)

13 hours ago, rich said:

In short, no. I did spend a while integrating Pixi 3 with Phaser 2 (some time ago) but it made no difference to frame rates at all, and was actually profiling slower. This is no fault of Pixi, it's just the way Phaser uses it. For your specific use-case I would recommend just using Pixi 4 outright and build your own libs around it, or see if you can profile the cause of the slow down and eliminate it (sometimes it's something trivial like using too large / many textures, or Text, or Debug, or Graphics calls - and sometimes it's not)

hi rich,

thanks for your advice, we will spend a while more to find the problem.

13 hours ago, rich said:

hi rich,

thanks for your advice, we will spend a while more to find the problem.