wire objects and animations

juanmajr93

Hi all,

I am designing the subsoil of terrain in my scene. This subsoil is formed by tubes which represents water 's canal or electric 's net. Well, to allow the view under terrain I have to show it as a wire object. My first question is: how can I show only the ground object as wire mode? I have made this but changing to this mode the visualization of all elements of scene...

The second question is relative to animations. Inside the tubes I would like to add animation of water to get a better level of realism. Firstly, I can give some transparency to material of tubes and after i should add this animation. Do you know how can I add this animation inside of tube? In thefollow image you can see my scene to understand me better:

Thanks

tuberias.PNG

Hi @jerome If you saw my project that I posted here, you can see I use SPS to draw boxes and tubes. Well, now I have to interact with them so I have added the follow code:

var makeOverOut = function (mesh) {
mesh.actionManager.registerAction(new BABYLON.SetValueAction(BABYLON.ActionManager.OnPointerOutTrigger, mesh.material, "emissiveColor", mesh.material.emissiveColor));
mesh.actionManager.registerAction(new BABYLON.SetValueAction(BABYLON.ActionManager.OnPointerOverTrigger, mesh.material, "emissiveColor", BABYLON.Color3.White()));
mesh.actionManager.registerAction(new BABYLON.InterpolateValueAction(BABYLON.ActionManager.OnPointerOutTrigger, mesh, "scaling", new BABYLON.Vector3(1, 1, 1), 150));
mesh.actionManager.registerAction(new BABYLON.InterpolateValueAction(BABYLON.ActionManager.OnPointerOverTrigger, mesh, "scaling", new BABYLON.Vector3(1.1, 1.1, 1.1), 150));
        }

I call this function after sps is created....

redTuberias = sps.buildMesh();
redTuberias.material = matTuberia; 
sps.setParticles();	
redTuberias.actionManager = new BABYLON.ActionManager(scene);
makeOverOut(redTuberias);

However, I dont get any response when my cursor is over tubes 's net... What could be the cause?

Thanks!

you might set your sps.mesh as pickable or the whole sps : http://doc.babylonjs.com/overviews/Solid_Particle_System#pickable-particles

in this case, don't forget either to refresh the visible size at least once, either to enable the bbox computation in order to set the right visibility (pickability) : http://doc.babylonjs.com/overviews/Solid_Particle_System#sps-visibility

Hi @jerome I have working about SPS and I have the next question:

1.- How can I pick a particle of SPS which are under ground? A this moment I cant pick them and I cant rotate the camera when I clic over ground...  The code that I am using is the follow:

scene.onPointerDown = function(evt, pickResult) {
			var faceId = pickResult.faceId;
			var idx = spsTuberias.pickedParticles[faceId].idx;
			var p = spsTuberias.particles[idx];
			p.color.r = 1;
			p.color.b = 0;
			p.color.g = 0;
			spsTuberias.setParticles();
	   };

2.- I need to do the same but when cursor is over tube. I use the follow code however, all SPS mesh is selected and I need to do this for each particle.

var makeOverOut = function (mesh) {
mesh.actionManager.registerAction(new BABYLON.SetValueAction(BABYLON.ActionManager.OnPointerOutTrigger, mesh.material, "emissiveColor", mesh.material.emissiveColor));
mesh.actionManager.registerAction(new BABYLON.SetValueAction(BABYLON.ActionManager.OnPointerOverTrigger, mesh.material, "emissiveColor", BABYLON.Color3.White()));

}
redTuberias.actionManager = new BABYLON.ActionManager(scene);
makeOverOut(redTuberias);	

You can check here: http://217.217.131.1:8081/subsuelo/

Thanks!

Thanks @jerome because of your fast answers. This was that I need it! However with particle of sps I can only change color and I want change material of it. To show the overMouse action I would like to create an halo arround the piece changing emissiveColor property. Do you know how can I do it?

Another question is the follow: Are there any control's variable of particle to diferenciate between over or clic? Now I am using "p.picked" only...

You can look the progress of application in the same link

Thanks!

There is tool to control the way a particle is picked... actually, the particle pickability is just the SPS mesh pickability. So p.picked is the right way to go, like for any other meshes. 

the SPS is only a mesh, so it's given only one material at once.

But you can play the particle uvs property to set what part of the texture image you want to apply to each particle.