Problems with IE (paid work/help)

totallybueno

I finished my game but now that I checked on IE I just realised I have a few issues (that don´t exist on Chrome/FF) to fix...

The first thing is with an XML where I load content for the game, this is working perfectly on Chrome/FF but not on IE and I guess (but not sure at all) it´s a security issue. The thing is that this code works on Chrome/FF but it´s not working on IE, can anyone tell me why? I´m getting the right xmlDocument on Chrome/FF and null on IE :(

this.game.load.text('xmlQuestions', 'assets/questions/questions.xml');

this.questions = this.game.cache.getText('xmlQuestions');
var parser = new DOMParser();
this.questions = parser.parseFromString(this.questions, "application/xml");
console.log("################################")
console.log(this.questions)
console.log("################################")

I´m also having a problem with this error:

SCRIPT5022: IndexSizeError

Tracking down the error to phaser.js I see the error is in this line:

renderSession.context.drawImage(this.tintedTexture, 0, 0, cw, ch, dx, dy, cw / resolution, ch / resolution);

If I comment that line I don´t have the tinted elements of the game but it works, but obviously I need those items so I need to fix this too (this is working on Chrome/FF perfectly too)

As this stuff is killing me and I´m not being able to fix those two things, I´m willing to pay YOU if you help me to fix these things, just as I´m making this game almost for free, please DM me before with your budget and if we´re OK I´ll give you whatever you need.

IE11 is right actually. And less forgiving...

Just add these lines in front of the tinted drawImage call, and you're good to go.

if (cw > this.tintedTexture.width) cw = this.tintedTexture.width;
if (ch > this.tintedTexture.height) ch = this.tintedTexture.height;

Can't seem to reproduce the XML problem, works fine for me.

21 hours ago, totallybueno said:

I´m getting the right xmlDocument on Chrome/FF and null on IE

Any chance you are testing your IE with IIS server or server used by Visual Studio (which is also IIS, I think)? I had this problem, and had to look in server config for this line:

<mimeMap fileExtension=".xml" mimeType="text/xml" />

to replace it with this:

<mimeMap fileExtension=".xml" mimeType="application/xml" />

If using Visual studio, you will find it in .vs/config/applicationhost.config (.vs directory is hidden by default)

These problems occured when Phaser introduced file type mapping in loader in 2.6.0 version: https://github.com/photonstorm/phaser/blob/master/v2/src/loader/Loader.js#L122

1 hour ago, Tom Atom said:

Any chance you are testing your IE with IIS server or server used by Visual Studio (which is also IIS, I think)? I had this problem, and had to look in server config for this line:

<mimeMap fileExtension=".xml" mimeType="text/xml" />

to replace it with this:

<mimeMap fileExtension=".xml" mimeType="application/xml" />

If using Visual studio, you will find it in .vs/config/applicationhost.config (.vs directory is hidden by default)

These problems occured when Phaser introduced file type mapping in loader in 2.6.0 version: https://github.com/photonstorm/phaser/blob/master/v2/src/loader/Loader.js#L122

Tom Atom, I fixed the xml thing yesterday, in a weird way (loading plain text and parsing it later as xml) but it´s working now so I´m not gonna touch that :) Thanks for your help.