Skeleton issue after BJS update

tranlong021988

hi, I have new issue with BJS, few days ago, I have a post here:  

It was a spot light issue, and solved by @Deltakosh , light behavior seem fine now. But since updating new BJS (with that issue fixed),then skeleton animation issue came up. You can check PG here: http://www.babylonjs-playground.com/#FDJNK#0

The character animation not run anymore, although skeleton animation running(you can check via Skeleton Viewer).   

So are there any API update that I miss or it caused by new BJS file update ? 

http://www.babylonjs-playground.com/#FDJNK#0

I struck the same issue some days ago

After updating Babylon, my own mesh is unable to play it's animations, as well as rotate bones using any of the setters.

But I honestly haven't checked whether my skeleton is animating without the verts binding to said skeleton. I will do however, as it might help in narrowing down a spot where the issue might occur.

It weird, if you try importing the "dude" model, he still has his mesh bound to the skeleton.

EDIT: Just checked. The skeleton is indeed playing the animation I assign to it.

The connection between the mesh and the skeleton is somehow 'lost?'.

Maybe @adam knows which changes might have caused this.

Yayh. Commit confirmed to fix the bug. :)

Nice @Deltakosh.

However, and I don't hope I'll be hijjacking the thread here, althought the issue has been resolved. I have a new issue, that I'm looking for a way to resolve, one way or the other.

Here's an example of the issue:

The player model has a mesh, a skeleton with bones and some animations.

The mesh's arms are rotated accordingly to the mouse/camera orientation, and done using rotation of the bones.

Now, if the skeleton runs an animation, the manual rotation is being overwritten by the keyframes from the animation. Not only that, but bones without any animations assigned to them, overwrite the manual rotation, so when running, you are not able to see the 'aim' of the model, only when no animation is being played.

Is there any way around this? Like offsetting the bones' rotations and positions or maybe have multiple skeletons?

As mentioned, even if the bones have absolutely no key frames assigned to them, their positions and rotations still overwrite the manual ones.

1 hour ago, Raggar said:

Now, if the skeleton runs an animation, the manual rotation is being overwritten by the keyframes from the animation. Not only that, but bones without any animations assigned to them, overwrite the manual rotation, so when running, you are not able to see the 'aim' of the model, only when no animation is being played.

Rotate the bone before the scene is rendered.  Take a look at this example:

http://www.babylonjs-playground.com/#1EVNNB#15