Limit Camera movement while using right click

avoba

Hi!

I'm using the right click to move the camera around, but I wanted to limit that movement/panning/translation. For exemple, when the camera/object/mouse hits the margin of the screen, it "kind of" locks it, and doesn't allow the objects in the scene to get out of sight.

http://www.babylonjs-playground.com/#0XK6K2

by the way, for some reason I can't use use the right click in the playground...

Thanks!

Hi @avoba  I have no solution to the isInFrustum (hint hint) issue, yet... but here is a playground demo where actionManager onRightClickTrigger was used.  Right click on a mesh, opens menu.  right click again to close.  I'll need to think about rightButtonHeld trigger/event... a bit. We'll talk.  :)

Delta is stalking me today.  :)  Hi DK!  Hope you're well.

Hi guys.  I built a playground scene (something I love)... where I try to activate a camera right-click-drag limiter.  But I am having a stupidity problem with a seemingly simple thing - getting the right-button-drag to start working again... AFTER it has hit a limit. 

I can't seem to get my previousTargetScreenOffset variable in line 94... to be < 35  (watch console).  35 is the current range setting.

When I get console ptso <35 (or > -35)... THEN I can re-activate line 96, and right-click-drag camera will not get "stuck" at limit location.

Help!  :D  (I'm sure failing-at MANY playgrounds, lately)  :(  (I'm a bad coder, and proud of it.  Hey, somebody has to suck, right?  It's a dirty job, but, I don't mind doing the duty.)  :)

Avoba... this is a non-render-loop solution attempt.  There is renderLoop code here... in lines 112-114, if you want to experiment-with Deltakosh-suggested ideas.

I just thought I would TRY an onPointerMove solution, for test.  I got spanked and served.  heh  Hope this helps something.  Fixes wholeheartedly welcomed.