Particle Storm w/ Phaser CE 2.8.0

aapo

I'm trying to use the Particle Storm plugin with the latest stable Phaser CE, 2.8.0.

Loading particle-storm.min.js with any of the methods outlined in Getting Started.pdf makes Chrome throw the following error:

VM22199:2 Uncaught TypeError: PIXI.canUseNewCanvasBlendModes is not a function
    at new Phaser.ParticleStorm (<anonymous>:2:110)
    at c.PluginManager.add (phaser.min.js:3)
    at Object.create (text zone05.html:71)
    at c.StateManager.loadComplete (phaser.min.js:3)
    at c.Loader.finishedLoading (phaser.min.js:3)
    at c.Loader.processLoadQueue (phaser.min.js:3)
    at c.Loader.asyncComplete (phaser.min.js:3)
    at c.Loader.fileComplete (phaser.min.js:3)
    at HTMLImageElement.a.data.onload (phaser.min.js:3)

(this is w/ using game.load.script to load Particle Storm, but the error is similar when trying to load from HTML, apart from the Phaser.ParticleStorm reference.

I'm assuming this is because of different PIXI versions being used today than back in 2015 when Particle Storm was released. I'm unsure where to look for updates to Particle Storm, but the Gumroad-page I usually download from hosts v. 1.0, so I'm assuming there have been no updates to Particle Storm. Should I just assume that as 2.6.2 is the final 'official' Phaser version, plug-ins won't be supported in CE versions?

Any help on this matter would be greatly appreciated, but I'm mainly just wondering if there is any kind of "easy" fix for this.

Yesss! Thank you!

I was halfway prepared to just start messing around inside Particle Storm, and didn't even consider just defining the missing function. Always overthinking things.

Your solution is perfect because it will actually return a meaningful result to boot :) Thanks again!

• 2 weeks later...