Scramblur

Artixo

Scramblur is a simple, but addictive game where the player has to re-arrange sliding tiles to form as many words as possible.  Scramblur features two different modes of play, puzzle and timed. In puzzle mode, the objective is to form every possible word from your set of six letters. In timed mode, the goal is to create as many words as possible in two minutes. 

post-6008-0-05565200-1390261007.png

This game was created as part of a personal challenge to create a new HTML5 game every week. Feedback is always welcome, so please let me know what you think.

You can play Scramblur by clicking here.

Additionally, you can follow my progress on my blog.

Thank you, 

Bobby

Hi, nice game, I like it, I played your game in PC using Firefox 26 and run smooth. I like more the timed mode. In both modes on his first rendering frame the clock has NaN;NaN, I think you maybe want to change that.  And when the page loose the focus (onBlur), you stop the timer, but internally continue advance the time. Good luck

Thanks for the reply. I don't know how I missed that NaN error. The timed mode is the main mode for the game, puzzle was more of an extra for people that want to play through an entire word list, specifically people that are good at it. I'm not sure how to get the timer to continue to go while the page isn't in focus anymore, because the game stops when it stops being in focus, so I don't know what to do with that. 

Hello, We develop a game that we use a clock (timer) and when the page lose the focus (blur) we show an pause images and stop the updateClock,and stop all of course and when the user click or touch a button to resume, we reset the clock and set this.lastAdvanceTime = 0 again and continuous updateClock. this.realElapsedTime is the total time and is in milliseconds.

if (this.lastAdvanceTime == 0)            this.lastAdvanceTime = time;        this.realElapsedTime += (time - this.lastAdvanceTime);        this.lastAdvanceTime = time;

hope it helps.