Collission

Zareh

Hello I am new in this, I am working on a project for the college.

I am trying to make an elevator when i am inside the elevator and the elevator floor goes up it wont detect the camera to push the camera up.

my collissions are enabled and is working fine i can detect obstacles when I move the camera(Freecamera) with the keyboard.

and i can step up on the floor of the elevator.

but when I Have a moving object and it hits the camera it doesnt detect the obstacle. (elevator floor in my case).

the link of my code is below.

I am sorry the code is terribly arranged.

the script: https://drive.google.com/open?id=1BSs2BB0Ns9BDmwLSyePiqHtKEBHM9F91

The whole project: https://drive.google.com/open?id=1xm0JyQXJY2yD-wck9Y3bs5tKcg01LYRI

Thanks a lot :)

scene.collisionsEnabled = true;
camera.checkCollisions = true;
camera.applyGravity = true;
camera.collisionRadius = new BABYLON.Vector3(2, 2, 2);
camera.ellipsoid = new BABYLON.Vector3(1, 4.5, 1);

var elevupfun = function (mesh2,mesh4,mesh5,mesh6) {
var posopdor1 = new BABYLON.InterpolateValueAction(BABYLON.ActionManager.OnPickTrigger, mesh4, "position",new BABYLON.Vector3(11.625,  7.625, 35.5), 200);
var scalopdor1 = new BABYLON.InterpolateValueAction(BABYLON.ActionManager.OnPickTrigger, mesh4, "scaling", new BABYLON.Vector3(0, 1, 1 ), 200);
var posclosdor1 = new BABYLON.InterpolateValueAction(BABYLON.ActionManager.OnPickTrigger, mesh4, "position",new BABYLON.Vector3(13.5,  7.625, 35.5), 200);
var scalclosdor1 = new BABYLON.InterpolateValueAction(BABYLON.ActionManager.OnPickTrigger, mesh4, "scaling", new BABYLON.Vector3(1, 1, 1 ), 200);
var posopdor2 = new BABYLON.InterpolateValueAction(BABYLON.ActionManager.OnPickTrigger, mesh5, "position",new BABYLON.Vector3(19.125,  7.625, 35.5), 200);
var scalopdor2 = new BABYLON.InterpolateValueAction(BABYLON.ActionManager.OnPickTrigger, mesh5, "scaling", new BABYLON.Vector3(0, 1, 1 ), 200);
var posclosdor2 = new BABYLON.InterpolateValueAction(BABYLON.ActionManager.OnPickTrigger, mesh5, "position",new BABYLON.Vector3(17.25,  7.625, 35.5), 200);
var scalclosdor2 = new BABYLON.InterpolateValueAction(BABYLON.ActionManager.OnPickTrigger, mesh5, "scaling", new BABYLON.Vector3(1, 1, 1 ), 200);
var elevup = new BABYLON.InterpolateValueAction(BABYLON.ActionManager.OnPickTrigger, mesh6, "position",new BABYLON.Vector3(15.25,  30.1, 40.0625), 4000);
mesh2.actionManager.registerAction(posclosdor1);
mesh2.actionManager.registerAction(scalclosdor1);
mesh2.actionManager.registerAction(posclosdor2);
mesh2.actionManager.registerAction(scalclosdor2);
mesh2.actionManager.registerAction(elevup);
}
elevupfun(elevinsidebutton,elevatordoor1L,elevatordoor1R, elevground);

Hiya Zareh, welcome to the forum!

You are a lucky person.  We have a fun function:   elevatorFloor.moveWithCollisions(new BABYLON.Vector3(someAmount, someAmount, someAmount));

http://playground.babylonjs.com/#TDM98#7

Here in our BJS playground, I have assembled a demo.  We like the playground.  When forum users can create a playground to illustrate the problem, a very large team of helpers will work to find solutions and provide great ideas.

In the above playground, line 15 is interesting.  The ._needMoveForGravity is what causes the FreeCamera to start falling... when scene.isReady (with the help of camera.applyGravity, of course).

The MOST interesting part... is the plane.moveWithCollisions() in line 55.  (plane == ground)

I don't know how much JS experience you have.... but a setTimeout (in line 52) can be used as a delay.  The delay is about 10 seconds, dictated by the '10000' in line 61;

So, the camera starts falling immediately, and after 10 seconds... I do a 'registerBeforeRender(some function)'.  I insert some code... into the scene render-loop... to be executed every rendering (but only if elevator floor-plane is LESS THAN 40 units into the air).  With me?  I hope so.

If we raise the elevator floor using .moveWithCollisions... the camera will raise WITH the floor-plane.  You can see it happen in that demo. 

But... we are using .moveWithCollisions... which has the 'behavior' of disallowing movement IF a (non-scrub-around-able*) collision happens.  That is why the elevator raising... stops when it hits the bottom of the collision-active box that is sitting in the air.

* Continued .moveWithCollisions AFTER two mesh ellipsoids collide... can cause moved mesh to "scrub-off-of" collided mesh.  This includes dive-under, climb-over, and scrub-off to either side.  Pretend you are pushing two bowling balls together.  If not perfectly aligned, the balls will somehow move-around each other.  The AMOUNT of offset-from-perfectly-aligned... necessary to cause two pushing collided-mesh.ellipsoids to "scrub-off"... is set via the float value of engine.collisionsEpsilon.

I will stop there, and see how well you understand.  I am not the best at explaining things.  I hope I was somewhat clear and didn't accidentally say something incorrect.  :)

Feel free to make edits to that playground, and do more RUNS, and make more SAVES, and paste the URL's for newly-saved playgrounds... here... to this thread... if you wish to talk about something. 

You can't hurt ANYTHING in the playground (unless you bang your head with a hammer while using it).  :)  There is no chance to accidentally damage ANY already-saved or built-in playground demos.  The BabylonJS playground is a great app... we all LOVE it.

(we're a little concerned about a screen-scroll that causes a white line across the bottom of the app... but that's for playground admin to deal-with.)  :)

I hope this helps.  Stay in touch.