Is there a Phaser 2 to 3 Migration Guide?

rodri042

I've seen a gantt chart with a planned "phaser 2 to 3 migration guide" but now it seems to be deleted.

I have a lot of 2.x code and I would love to migrate to 3.x in an ordered way. So, will there be any migration guide or should I just start seeing the examples and tutorials and figure out the best way to do it?

It's nice to have such amazing library!

On 2/28/2018 at 12:20 PM, samme said:

There it is. :)

Migration has been smooth and easy for me so far, however I feel caught in limbo with how to handle what was once groups, since they no longer have a transform to influence their children (ex. dragging around UIs).  I know containers are in the pipeline, but until then I wonder what I should do, maybe hack the Group class in some way temporarily.  

I already grabbed the getByName function from the List class and put it into Group since I was using that a lot.  For the moment for me at least, Groups, Lists and Containers feel a little ambiguous, but I know they are separated for good reasons that I'm sure will become clear.

Edit: Actually I'm kinda screwed without proper containers, I'll have to work on something else until they're available.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...