About backend for Phaser game.

Ram1204

Hello,

I am fun of Phaser  and have been focusing on it for several months .

I would like someone to let me get the concept of backend part of phaser.

Backend is really needed in development? and if necessary, what should I do for it ?

Please help for newbie ~~~ :)

Thanks for your kind reply!!! :)

I think phaser game is mainly considered as client side game.

But when the core engine is placed in any JS file( such as game.js ), any users can see the engine and result data by inspecting the browser.

But sometimes, it is necessary for us to protect the engine or result data from users for some reasons. 

So, I was trying to know how to project them and posted this .

I am looking for your help asap. . . 

One more thing ?

I can see setScreenSize() function in phaser 2.6.2 version and used it several times effectively .

But I can't use this in Phaser 2.10 .

What is the solution for this ? and Could you please let me know which function I can use in this version?

?

15 hours ago, Ram1204 said:

Thanks for your kind reply!!! :)

I think phaser game is mainly considered as client side game.

But when the core engine is placed in any JS file( such as game.js ), any users can see the engine and result data by inspecting the browser.

But sometimes, it is necessary for us to protect the engine or result data from users for some reasons. 

So, I was trying to know how to project them and posted this .

I am looking for your help asap. . . 

There is no way to absolutely hide ANY javascript code or objects handled by JS in any way. If one desires to find something in your code enough - they will.

You'll might want to switch to a compiling language and build executables where code is hidden like C++ or whatever. It may work, reverse engineering to get the initial code is never fast but it's still possible.

You could use Phaser for only visual representation of a game or a project and hide the logic on a server with libs like socket.io but for that you'll need to rent a server at least, so there is that.

Hope it helps

15 hours ago, Ram1204 said:

One more thing ?

I can see setScreenSize() function in phaser 2.6.2 version and used it several times effectively .

But I can't use this in Phaser 2.10 .

What is the solution for this ? and Could you please let me know which function I can use in this version?

?

Could you provide a console error when you try to use setScreenSize() ?

From what it seems it looks like setScreenSize() is deprecated (and one should avoid using it directly in the first place).

Try using updateLayout() it seems to do the thing you want.

• 2 weeks later...