bnolan

Cryptovoxels - Virtual world on the blockchain

Hey everyone, this is my game I've been working on. It's a virtual world where the world is broken up into parcels, and each parcel can be owned by someone via a contract on the ethereum blockchain. I'm using a voxel engine for the world, and there are in-world editing tools. You can see and chat with other players (it has a mulitplayer server written in node.js) as you explore the world. I've built it using babylon.js and node.js, and it's been a really great experience. If you want to purchase a parcel to build on (or hold and sell later), there are a few for sale on Opensea.

The game is here.

Screen Shot 2018-06-23 at 9.55.46 AM.png

I seem to have mouse sensitivity problems, tilts and rotates randomly to +-90 degree tilt when trying to center it to the world. Chrome 67.0.3396.87(64-bits).

1) I don't know how to place a brick. I clicked on numerous places with leftbutton, in both modes, but it didn't put a brick anywhere. I guess I need to claim my place first? I jumped into some sandbox, I mean a frame made of bricks. Am I supposed to build something or is it more about the ethereum thing and trading something?

2) The jumping with SPACE brought me on a higher level, but gravity didn't pull me back on earth, well, only when moving again.

Chrome, Version 67.0.3396.87 (Offizieller Build) (64-Bit)

Hi @samid737, what operating system are you on? I've not seen any problems with mouselock on chrome using os x and linux - is it asking to grab the mouse before it starts to randomly jump?

@losthope - currently you have to buy a parcel to edit the world, but I'm going to create some "free-editing" parcels, that anyone can edit, to get an idea of how the editing tools work. If you want to buy a parcel, there are a few for sale on OpenSea.

Thanks for the report on the jump-flying bug too, I've added it to the todo list :)