The instance (created by using createInstance) is rendered abnormally

Gonster

Hey all,

Something wired happens when I am using createInstance API of  the Mesh class :(

Please check this https://www.babylonjs-playground.com/#XSCH6V#2 

An instance and a clone are created in the callback from the loaded meshes. The clone looks perfect, but the instance renders differently after I have tried backFaceCulling = false and flipFaces.

So my question is how can I create an instance that looks the same as the one I get from clone()?

Thanks a lot.

@RaananW Thanks a lot for your timely reply. :) Problem solved.

Actually the problem is first appears in my project. I'm using Blender -> glTF-Blender-Exporter(KhronosGroup)  -> Babylon.js. It's weird that the root (loaded from the exported glTF file using SceneLoader) has a negative one scaling value.

I dont know which part in my tool chain is to blame. I have applied all the scale, rotation and location of the meshes before exporting in Blender. Put aside the problems about animations and materials export, the tool chain is still killing me:(.

Do you have some suggestions about the tools or file format I used? As a newbie, maybe this is the biggest problem.

it is all because of right hand and left hand systems, and the fact that everyone work a bit differently.

I dont like this negative scaling as well (there is also a rotation on the y axis :) ). But this is something you simply need to accept and know. once you know it's there, it is easy to solve those kind of problems.