Wizard Shield - Magic/Physics Based FPS

Rob G

WS1s1.gif.465c6c0e8c5fca891afe615f611390a2.gif

Play Wizard Shield

Wizard Shield is a multiplayer first person shooter inspired by Magic Carpet and Magicka.

At this point there are two classes: Stone Shot which is like a shot gunner and Power Stars which is sort of like a machine gunner.

My objective is to create a game centred around building/casting spells dynamically to overcoming environmental puzzles and combat other players.

It’s currently only tested on Chrome. I believe clicks don’t register on FF.

Please let me know if you have any suggestions or ideas on the gameplay. I know there’s a lot to do but but I'm just focusing on making the gameplay good for now.

Next things I want to add:

- Players hands in and animated when throwing and casting spells.

- A number of elements that can be combined together, for example stone and fire to create a fireball.

Issue I’m having:

The map is so terrible because most shapes I create in blender and than export don’t work without glitches. Once I export for BabylonJS, the camera can partially pass through them and physics objects may or may not collide properly. So I’ve been coping by copy-pasting the few wall shapes I have that work.

• 3 weeks later...

Thanks for the feedback! I just updated the game to 0.2 (Wizard Shield) and I think the crosshairs are a lot better now that I've reduce their size.  

I'm definitely going to try and improve the way movement feels. The jump just doesn't feel right at all currently. Although, I think it feels generally slow because the map consists of large walls spaced too far apart.

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Greetings! Play tested using Chrome on MacOS Mojave.

The engine itself ran at a good frame rate, and it was a large map to explore. I never ran into any of the "Bat" enemies, but I did find several power-ups. I didn't figure out how to use the potions that I found in the level, so it might be a good idea to add more information about the controls. Also, the static objects (other than walls or stairs) didn't appear to have any collision.

It could still use some work, but looks like a good start. Good Luck!

• 2 weeks later...