Optimization of the isometric engine

hypothermi

Hello,
I would like write simple isometric engine, where the map contains lot of isometric fields/tiles in 3 dimension - like in Minecraft. However, I can not write it in the optimal way.

The camera it's attached to central box (this simulate the player) and based on his position generates nearby "Chunks". I divide map for chunks (like in Minecraft - https://minecraft.gamepedia.com/Chunk) and generates them depending on needs.

Unfortunately, when the program renders these chunks, there is quite a strong lag. When the player stands still, the number of FPS is better, but it is still quite low.

Below I copied the code from my program. Could someone look at it and tell me how I could optimize it all? The amount of FPS and lag are unfortunately too big. I do not have any ideas how to do it better. ?

https://www.babylonjs-playground.com/#QDTBMH#6

Hi @hypothermi and welcome to the forum. Sorry for slow reply. There is a lot to go through in your code. I was hoping someone with more skill might reply. However a couple of points

You only need to set listeners on the canvas once not every rendering of the scene.

If you are repeating the same mesh many times use instances or SPS

Check out optimization.  

Other may want to comment