PathFinding.js visualisation

rich

I looked at this project some months ago especially for the JPS variant of A* pathfinder.

but the performances was not here .

JPS is faster than all other implementations on that example, but I found other standard A* implementations (without JPS) witch are faster.

that being said, the given algorithm will cover most needs, in my case I had to make hundreds of pathfindings simultaneously on a map.

I can't find the web site of the original author but here is the source code : http://searchco.de/codesearch/view/3158779

also there is something that made my JPS test slower, is the fact that JPS algorithm doesn't return all movement points, instead it only returns jump points plus source and target points, so I hade to calculate the middle point before making the move.

The pathfinder of Andrea was leaking pretty bad when I tested it, so I wrote my own A* based one from scratch. Slightly modified in the guessed path rating due to supporting different terrains (and speeds). But yeah, has much better performance. I couldn't use JPS as JPS has no information of the relations between points (and also speeds on the different terrain tiles that may influence the pathfinder algorithm dramatically).

https://github.com/martensms/tiberium-resurrection/blob/master/source/logic/Pathfinder.js