[TypeScript compile option question] Command-line compiling implies errors in Phaser

PROGRAM_IX

I'm clearly missing something.

I pulled down from GitHub (just now, again, to make sure) and am running almost verbatim the rect vs. rect test from the test suite. Or rather, I'm trying. I installed Node.js and used npm to get the tsc compiler, which seemed fine. But then I tried to actually compile something and I got screenful after screenful of errors.

.../programming/html5/phaser/phaser/Phaser/gameobjects/ScrollZone.ts(140,21): The property 'scrollFactor' does not exist on value of type 'ScrollZone'.../programming/html5/phaser/phaser/Phaser/gameobjects/ScrollZone.ts(140,52): The property 'scrollFactor' does not exist on value of type 'ScrollZone'.../programming/html5/phaser/phaser/Phaser/gameobjects/ScrollZone.ts(142,55): The property 'scrollFactor' does not exist on value of type 'ScrollZone'.../programming/html5/phaser/phaser/Phaser/gameobjects/ScrollZone.ts(143,55): The property 'scrollFactor' does not exist on value of type 'ScrollZone'.../programming/html5/phaser/phaser/Phaser/gameobjects/ScrollZone.ts(147,21): The property 'angle' does not exist on value of type 'ScrollZone'.../programming/html5/phaser/phaser/Phaser/gameobjects/ScrollZone.ts(149,21): The property '_game' does not exist on value of type 'ScrollZone'.../programming/html5/phaser/phaser/Phaser/gameobjects/ScrollZone.ts(150,21): The property '_game' does not exist on value of type 'ScrollZone'.../programming/html5/phaser/phaser/Phaser/gameobjects/ScrollZone.ts(152,25): The property 'angle' does not exist on value of type 'ScrollZone'.../programming/html5/phaser/phaser/Phaser/gameobjects/ScrollZone.ts(154,25): The property '_game' does not exist on value of type 'ScrollZone'.../programming/html5/phaser/phaser/Phaser/gameobjects/ScrollZone.ts(154,57): The property 'angle' does not exist on value of type 'ScrollZone'.../programming/html5/phaser/phaser/Phaser/gameobjects/ScrollZone.ts(162,22): The property '_game' does not exist on value of type 'ScrollZone'.../programming/html5/phaser/phaser/Phaser/gameobjects/ScrollZone.ts(175,48): The property '_game' does not exist on value of type 'ScrollZone'.../programming/html5/phaser/phaser/Phaser/gameobjects/ScrollZone.ts(179,48): The property '_game' does not exist on value of type 'ScrollZone'.../programming/html5/phaser/phaser/Phaser/gameobjects/ScrollZone.ts(185,21): The property '_game' does not exist on value of type 'ScrollZone'.../programming/html5/phaser/phaser/Phaser/gameobjects/ScrollZone.ts(16,4): Base type 'any' lacks an implementation..../programming/html5/phaser/phaser/Phaser/gameobjects/ScrollZone.ts(16,4): Base type 'any' lacks an implementation..../programming/html5/phaser/phaser/Phaser/gameobjects/ScrollZone.ts(16,4): Base type 'any' lacks an implementation..../programming/html5/phaser/phaser/Phaser/gameobjects/ScrollZone.ts(16,4): Base type 'any' lacks an implementation..../programming/html5/phaser/phaser/Phaser/gameobjects/ScrollZone.ts(16,4): Base type 'any' lacks an implementation..../programming/html5/phaser/phaser/Phaser/gameobjects/ScrollZone.ts(16,4): Base type 'any' lacks an implementation..../programming/html5/phaser/phaser/Phaser/gameobjects/ScrollZone.ts(16,4): Base type 'any' lacks an implementation..../programming/html5/phaser/phaser/Phaser/gameobjects/ScrollZone.ts(16,4): Base type 'any' lacks an implementation..../programming/html5/phaser/ld48/test.ts(5,28): The property 'Game' does not exist on value of type 'Phaser'.../programming/html5/phaser/ld48/test.ts(15,13): The property 'velocity' does not exist on value of type 'Phaser.GeomSprite'

(That's the last few lines, but it seems to have a problem with just about every Phaser class.) It just goes on like that. 

Here's my directory structure:

.../programming/html5/phaser:    phaser/ [Phaser library]        Phaser/        Docs/    ld48/ [site of game code if it ever works]        test.ts [rect vs. rect from test suite, with one change (see below)] 

The only change I've made to the test.ts file is this: 

/// <reference path="../phaser/Phaser/Game.ts" /> 

And here's how I compile:

tsc test.ts 

That should work, right? It's clearly *finding* the Phaser files, but what is the deal with these errors?

Any help greatly appreciated. Falling at the first hurdle is never fun.

Thanks, I will! I was looking at those options earlier, but seeing the default is ES3 I thought that ES5 would only *increase* the possibility for errors.

---

Oh wow, that was dramatic. The errors have now been reduced to this: 

.../programming/html5/phaser/phaser/Phaser/system/Device.ts(384,49): The property '$1' does not exist on value of type '{ (pattern: string,flags?: string): RegExp; new(pattern: string,flags?: string): RegExp; }' 

Phew.. I saw your tweet about this earlier while at the park with my kids but didn't have time to look at it until now, so thank you very much Hsaka :)

Yeah it needs ES5 and nolib as you've found out! Let me add that to the readme file now :)

Phew.. I saw your tweet about this earlier while at the park with my kids but didn't have time to look at it until now, so thank you very much Hsaka :)

Yeah it needs ES5 and nolib as you've found out! Let me add that to the readme file now :)

Don't worry about it, I wouldn't have tweeted you at all but I had tried a couple of things with no success and wasn't sure just how silly a mistake I was making.

--nolib didn't actually fix it, though! The ES5 reduced it to one error, but --nolib freaked it out all over again. I did have to go into the code of Device.ts and comment out a line. So --nolib wasn't the solution in my case, anyway. I probably just did that wrong too. XD