[Phaser 2.0.2] Cannot override global gravity with emitter gravity

goshki

Hi,

I have a scene where a global gravity for Arcade Physics is set to 640. Then I try to set a lower gravity of 10 for a specific particle emitter, so to have the particles seem to float in the air.

game.physics.startSystem(Phaser.Physics.ARCADE);// 1. Setting global gravity.game.physics.arcade.gravity.y = 640;game.physics.arcade.frameRate = 1 / 30;game.time.deltaCap = 1 / 30 * 2;emitter = game.add.emitter(0, 0, 100);emitter.makeParticles('particle');// 2. Overriding gravity for particle emitter.//    Won't have any effect because of 1.emitter.gravity = 10;

But it seems that it's not possible to override the emitter gravity if the global gravity is set. Commenting out game.physics.arcade.gravity.y = 640; makes the particles float in the air as expected.

I've attached a test project showing the problem in action.

phaser-2.0.2-overriding-particle-gravity.zip

I've checked Phaser source code and it seems that body gravity does not override but is added to global gravity.

/*** A tween-like function that takes a starting velocity and some other factors and returns an altered velocity.* Based on a function in Flixel by @ADAMATOMIC** @method Phaser.Physics.Arcade#computeVelocity* @param {number} axis - 0 for nothing, 1 for horizontal, 2 for vertical.* @param {Phaser.Physics.Arcade.Body} body - The Body object to be updated.* @param {number} velocity - Any component of velocity (e.g. 20).* @param {number} acceleration - Rate at which the velocity is changing.* @param {number} drag - Really kind of a deceleration, this is how much the velocity changes if Acceleration is not set.* @param {number} [max=10000] - An absolute value cap for the velocity.* @return {number} The altered Velocity value.*/computeVelocity: function (axis, body, velocity, acceleration, drag, max) {	max = max || 10000;	if (axis == 1 && body.allowGravity)	{		velocity += (this.gravity.x + body.gravity.x) * this.game.time.physicsElapsed;	}	else if (axis == 2 && body.allowGravity)	{		velocity += (this.gravity.y + body.gravity.y) * this.game.time.physicsElapsed;	}	

Is this by design?