Pixi.js -> native mobile

foozaka

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I tried packaging my game in an Android app using a webView (I used Eclipse) but it ran so slow it was unplayable, but on a browser on the same phone run off the web it was fine. Apparenlty using a webView on android is too slow, haven't tried iOS app with a webView yet.

Also tried CocoonJS using the iOS launcher app to test my version of the game online but all I got was a blank screen, though it seemed to be reporting fps the wholetime.

Also tried to run some of showcase games through the CocoonJS launcher and they had a blank screen too.

Just realised if you click the FPs counter text, you get a list of all the errors and other usefull info. It appears there were errors relating to the text I was adding though pixi.js, after removing these the intro screen of my game started to work, but I could not tap the 'play' sprite to start. Checked the errors again, and this time they relate to the touchstart, touchend, (tap) event handler but obviously if I remove those, won't be much point.

Any ideas? Anyone else got a game using pixi.js to work with CocoonJS?

Also tried to run some of showcase games through the CocoonJS launcher and they had a blank screen too.

Just realised if you click the FPs counter text, you get a list of all the errors and other usefull info. It appears there were errors relating to the text I was adding though pixi.js, after removing these the intro screen of my game started to work, but I could not tap the 'play' sprite to start. Checked the errors again, and this time they relate to the touchstart, touchend, (tap) event handler but obviously if I remove those, won't be much point.

Blinking is appear if you try to use "screencanvas".

I dont know why)

Try to use usual "canvas"

this you use
var canvas = document.createElement(navigator.isCocoonJS ? 'screencanvas' : 'canvas');

this you should use to avoid blinking
var canvas = document.createElement( 'canvas' ); 

Pixi.js does that bit, I'm pretty sure and It seems to use the syntax you've suggested anyway!

I'm more interested in how I can modify it to work with CocoonJS, otherwise I'll need to re-write it using something else I guess.

I had a little word from @k4rliky on Twitter today about the same.  Apparently the touch issue should be fixed in the next Cocoonjs build:

kUXQo3A.png