[P2] CollisionGroups and body.collides method

pandavigoureux29

Hi all, 

I have some issues with CollisionGroups ( I used to use them for ImpactEvents and am starting to wonder if there are not made just for that)

I'll try to make it short and clear :

Let's take two collision groups :

var playerGroup = game.physics.p2.createCollisionGroup();var groundGroup = game.physics.p2.createCollisionGroup();

Now let's take two sprites (assume they are created and physics is enabled) and set their collision groups:

player.body.setCollisionGroup(playerGroup);ground.body.setCollisionGroup(groundGroup);

With that if I want to enable collisions between these two sprites, I have to do this :

player.body.collides(groundGroup);ground.body.collides(playerGroup);

So here is the issue : if I put just one of these line, nothing happens.

Isn't it enough to tell one body or the other to collide? It seems redundant to me.

If that's the way it is, I'll deal with it, but I want to be sure I'm not making any mistake here

Thanks

I totally see the point of collision mask ,  but, in my example, I don't see how the player can collide with ground without ground colliding with the player.

It just seems to me I am writing two lines that do the same thing.

my thoughts exactly... but it seems to be that way so i deal with it... you could spare a lot of lines if you dont use this at all and instead work with onBeginContact()