Headrunner - Quintus-based demo game

alexche8

I had fun playing your game and I don't want to come across as really negative but there were some things that I think really need improving to make this more playable.

First of all, the difficulty is far too hard straight away, and that's coming from someone who likes hard games. I had died 5 times before I even knew what had happened. Also when you die you should have some kind of animation or something. And you should have more than one life.

I think you did a pretty good job of the background and tiles, but I just don't like the main character being just a head. Be honest. Did you just make it a head because you currently lack the skills to draw an animated character with legs, and then called it HeadRunner to try and get away with it? I've tried drawing sprites myself and I know it's really really hard, but I think in the long run it will make your game look much more polished.

Thanks for fair criticism.

Yes, you are right about game difficulty - I feature I want create many small levels and reduce difficulty at all. Also add more animations levels, menu, etc.

No, I just made persons in game like heads, because I want it :) With time I would make animations for persons, make they more pretty, but heads will be heads:)  I want it be concept. Pixel art skills not very good - yes its true :)

Actually I want post game right now, because in near time I cant do with game anything. Maybe month. And that game is not idle in my copm, I decide post it for recomendations.

Thanks.

• 6 months later...

I loved your game!

It's hard. I have spent a good time playing it. lol

I am producing a mobile game with phonegap and quintus.. 
I hope finish a beta version until next week.

I will post something here about.

P.S: I need to admite that i gave up to play. But just because I am falling in sleep.. It's hard. I did not get the third crystal, yet. =/