Tween triggering

doyouknowyou

I'm triggering a tween using:

highScore = game.add.tween(highScore.cameraOffset);    highScore.to({ x: worldX }, 700, Phaser.Easing.Cubic.Out);    highScore.to({ x: worldX + worldX * 2}, 700, Phaser.Easing.Cubic.Out);    highScore.to({ x: worldX - worldX * 3},1);

which tweens a 'Highscore!' message to the center of the window, off the camera, then back to the starting position.

Triggering the tween I have: 

if (score > previousBest){        newHighScoreText();    }

Nice and simple, and it works perfectlym except if I get a new highscore whilst the tween is active, it gets retriggered, messing up the animation. Is there an easy way to execute a tween, but have it complete before it can be triggered again?

Thanks!

I'd do it this way:

tweenInProgress is a true/false variable

if (score > previousBest&&tweenInProgress===false){        tweenInProgress=true;        newHighScoreText();    }

Then to the tween I'd add an onComplete event to set it to false after it has completed:

highScore = game.add.tween(highScore.cameraOffset);highScore.onComplete.add(function(){ tweenInProgress = false }, this);    highScore.to({ x: worldX }, 700, Phaser.Easing.Cubic.Out);    highScore.to({ x: worldX + worldX * 2}, 700, Phaser.Easing.Cubic.Out);    highScore.to({ x: worldX - worldX * 3},1);

Of course this means that if you want the missed tween to still go ahead after the previous one has completed you'd need to handle this separately.