How to proberly change Texture of a sprite?

InsOp

Hey im struggling with changing a texture of a sprite.

do i need to update something or destroy the texture-reference first?

anyways my sprite wont update its texture and cant figure out why.

I used the code of Example 2:

// create an array of assets to load	//var assetsToLoader = [ "assault.json"];	var assetsToLoader = [ "SpriteSheet.json"];			// create a new loader	var loader = new PIXI.AssetLoader(assetsToLoader);	// use callback	loader.onComplete = onAssetsLoaded		//begin load	loader.load();			// holder to store aliens	var aliens = [];	//var alienFrames = ["assault-0", "assault-1", "assault-2", "assault-3"];	var alienFrames = ["eggHead.png", "flowerTop.png", "helmlok.png", "skully.png"];		var count = 0;			// create an new instance of a pixi stage	var stage = new PIXI.Stage(0xFFFFFF);		// create a renderer instance.	var renderer = PIXI.autoDetectRenderer(800, 600);			// add the renderer view element to the DOM	document.body.appendChild(renderer.view);		// create an empty container	var alienContainer = new PIXI.DisplayObjectContainer();	alienContainer.position.x = 400;	alienContainer.position.y = 300;		stage.addChild(alienContainer);		function onAssetsLoaded()	{				// create a texture from an image path		// add a bunch of aliens		for (var i = 0; i < 100; i++) 		{			var frameName = alienFrames[i % 4];						// create an alien using the frame name..			var alien = PIXI.Sprite.fromFrame(frameName);						/*			 * fun fact for the day 			 * another way of doing the above would be			 * var texture = PIXI.Texture.fromFrame(frameName);			 * var alien = new PIXI.Sprite(texture);			 */			 						alien.position.x = Math.random() * 800-400;			alien.position.y = Math.random() * 600-300;			alien.anchor.x = 0.5;			alien.anchor.y = 0.5;			aliens.push(alien);			alienContainer.addChild(alien);		}				// start animating		requestAnimFrame( animate );					}			function animate() {		    requestAnimFrame( animate );		    // just for fun, lets rotate mr rabbit a little	    for (var i = 0; i < 100; i++) 		{			var alien = aliens[i];			//alien.rotation += 0.1;			var frameName = alienFrames[i % 4];						// create an alien using the frame name..			//alien.texture.frame = PIXI.Sprite.fromFrame(frameName);			//alien.frame = PIXI.Sprite.fromFrame(frameName);			//alien.texture = PIXI.Sprite.fromFrame(frameName);			 alien.setTexture (PIXI.Texture.fromFrame(frameName));			 			//alien.setTexture(new PIXI.Sprite.fromFrame(frameName));			//alien.setTexture(PIXI.Sprite.fromFrame(frameName));			//alien.update();			alien.updateCache ()		}						//alienContainer.scale.y = Math.sin(count)				//alienContainer.rotation += 0.01	    // render the stage   	    renderer.render(stage);	}

I tried using the commented lines as well.. any ideas?

thanks InsOp

EDIT: Sorry it was completely my lack of intelligence what caused this example to appear not working! the setTexture method does work, but i always

set the those textures which are already set on the given sprite. So itis not really possible to see any effects. with this tweak the effects are visible:

var mod = Math.round(Math.random()*3)+1;			var frameName = alienFrames[i % mod];

therefore the topic may be closed and declared "answered"