Ball will roll on a mobile but not a tablet?

Choeeey

Hi there,

VERY VERY frustrated.

I used the following tutorial to make a tilt based game:

https://developer.mozilla.org/en-US/docs/Games/Workflows/HTML5_Gamedev_Phaser_Device_Orientation

It worked perfectly on an iphone 5S and a Galaxy S3. However, ideally I want my game to run on tablets and I have tested it on two separate tablets and on both of them the ball does not move at all based on tilts.

Does anyone have any advice?

Have you checked any web based examples? its possible that while the device supports it natively its not being exposed to the browser. It's going to depend on the tablets and what browsers they run.

Oh right :)

Do you know if there is a way to expose it to the browser?

Oh right :)

Do you know if there is a way to expose it to the browser?

No. I'm going to assume its a couple Android devices causing you issues, since all the iDevices handle it no problem. If you can't install a good browser on them (like Chrome) you're stuck needing a wrapper like Cordova to bridge the gap. 

No. I'm going to assume its a couple Android devices causing you issues, since all the iDevices handle it no problem. If you can't install a good browser on them (like Chrome) you're stuck needing a wrapper like Cordova to bridge the gap. 

Hi again,

I installed Chome on them and that made no difference :( I have had a look at this Cordova thing and I am unsure about it. Can it be used in a phaser game? or do I need to start again using Cordova alone? Very confused as I do not want to move away from Phaser. This is for a final year university project so don't have much time.

Does the site I posted above work on those tablets? (the parallax one) - If it doesn't then the browsers on there don't support the gyro and there's nothing you can do I'm afraid. If it does then it's a JavaScript code issue and can be solved.

Does the site I posted above work on those tablets? (the parallax one) - If it doesn't then the browsers on there don't support the gyro and there's nothing you can do I'm afraid. If it does then it's a JavaScript code issue and can be solved.

i tried the link and it just comes up saying page cannot be found. 

Thank you for your help anyway :)