Best way to handle npc's that can go in and out of view?

temporalix

I've got npc's that can go offscreen when player moves left/right but as they go out of bounds collision stops working on ground and they end up colliding with the world bounds,

what would be the best way to handle them?  do i save their positions on outOfBounds? or disable gravity for them or somehow keep ground collisions working out of camera?

outOfBoundsKill is set to false and checkWorldBounds is currently set to true as i was testing the possibility of saving and loading position on outOf / in Bounds events.  what happens is that the sprites end up losing collision with ground tilesprite when they go out of bounds and then with body.collideWorldBounds as true they collide with the bounds below the ground  -  http://imgur.com/oozuUSZ   .

the way that seems to work best is putting 

this.birdGroup.forEach(function (bird) {          if (bird.body.y > 1868) {            bird.y = 1866;          }        });

in the update function. so even when the birds go out of camera view and there is no more tilesprite under them to collide with they will stay at the same height so when they do come back into the camera view they are at the right height and can collide with the ground again, they can also continue moving left or right to get into the camera view where the player is.

using outOfBounds and OnEnterBounds to fix bird positions leads to glitchy sprites as the events don't happen exactly when sprites leave/enter, setting their gravity in the events also doesn't work and they end up falling down