(4x game) The Lords of Mensillar - attempt 2

purrsayskitty

I already posted about this game some time ago. Back then it still suffered from some issues and i approached my need of testplayers in a wrong way. So now I want to try again. I'm searching for people that want to test this game with me and give them a say about how the game can be improved. It's a multiplayer game somewhat similar to Civilization. It plays in the browser and the game progresses continuously so players have to check on their empire a few times each day. Because of this it's required that all of us will start playing at the same time so I don't start the game until I have found a few players. Below I've quoted a part of my own promotional text that goes deeper into my vision of this game. If you're interested, please let me know.

Resources and acquiring these resources plays a central role as players will need it to maintain armies, navies and thriving cities. Players won’t have direct access to all type of goods and will need diplomacy and trade to get what they want. Long traderoutes will be less efficient and are more vulnerable to piracy so you may find yourself building port-cities purely to protect your traderoutes. Just like what happened in history. This trade system will have some interesting implications. The strategic placement of cities will be an important aspect to control the trade flows on the map.

jZbGOHi.png

Unlike other 4X games, a focus on the navy is a viable or sometimes even necessary choice as trade and control of naval traderoutes are incredibly important. It also enables economic warfare and will make diplomacy more meaningful. Added to this, this system will give meaningful reasons for small-scale warfare besides the usual conquest wars. For example, trying to disrupt the production of a certain tradegood so your own goods increase in worth.

Another key feature is the way technology works. Many aspects, like the effectiveness of piracy, the ability to colonize far-away lands and the production of certain tradegoods will change and will cause fluctuations in power. A dominant early-game player who got rich by his control of a few important traderoutes might lose his dominance when advancements in technology make harvest yields higher and other empires less reliant on importing grain from the other side of the map through these traderoutes.

And this is only the beginning, the possibilities for new interesting features are endless. And you can have a say in this.
Now I realize that the game isn’t perfect yet and graphics aren’t great (though I’ve tried to make it pleasant to look at) as it’s a one-man project with no budget. But I do think that this could be an interesting game when properly tested, polished and expanded. But for this I need people that want to play this game with me and that’s why I’m posting this message. I’ve now reached a point where my game is tested as much as I possibly could while playing on my own. The game is somewhat balanced and it’s already possible to play in different ways. I actually enjoyed playtesting the game in the last iterations despite being on my own.

As said before, the game can be played in the browser so nothing needs to be installed or downloaded and it can be accessed from anywhere. The game works with turns and will be updated on regular intervals throughout the day. You need to check the game a few times each day and you can go on with whatever you were doing in a few minutes.
If you think my ideas sound interesting and you would like to see this game become reality then please let me know. Your opinion will be heard and you will have a say on how the game could be improved and what features could be added. Together with the players I want to create a fun game.

I you are interested, I've made some screenshots with descriptions here:
http://imgur.com/a/bSCGy#