Scale and InteractionManager

inductible

Hey guys, is there any know weirdness with 'scale' property of a DisplayObject, and InteractionmManager?

I'm targeting canvas renderer only - no WebGL rendering here.

My resize handler does the following:

- scales the stage based on the new width and height (thought this seems to have no effect on any child DisplayObjects!?):

var sx:number = w / this.config.stageW ;
var sy:number = h / this.config.stageH ;
stage.scale.x = sx;
stage.scale.y = sy;

- resizes the renderer: 

renderer.resize( w, h ) ;

- because stage scale seems not to function as I'd expect, I try propagating the scale into my current view object

this.scale.x = sx ;
this.scale.y = sy;

- This latter step correctly sizes the view, but my interactive objects are now screwed because the hitTest no longer appears to work (functional hit area is no longer coupled to where the scaled object appears to be)...

Am I missing something obvious?

Hi there!

The stage cannot be scaled as its the root object. The best thing to do is to add all of your content into a displayObjectContainer then you can then scale that. Something like this:

var gameContainer = new PIXI.DisplayObjectContainer();//add content to game container..stage.addChild(gameContainer)onResize = function(){   gameContainer.scale.x = newXScale;   gameContainer.scale.y = newYScale;} 

Hope that helps!

Yeah, my bad on that. I think I will set the scale properties of stage so that it will let the users know that scale will not be applied. With regards to the interactionManager, it should work out of the box with scaled objects. Would you mind sharing you code so I can take a peek at what might be going wrong?

Cheers!

It looks like it does indeed work out of the box - it's my own implementation that is causing issues: I'm working on it now, but it would appear that my having nested interactibles may be the cause...

I have a 'scene view' object, which is interactive [setInteractive(true)], and manages some functionality on touchstart, touchmove and touchend (it's a drawing application). This scene view contains a number of buttons, which are also interactive [setInteractive(true)] - the location of the hitareas on these buttons is way off. If I don't make the scene view interactive, my buttons are fine.

I have a workaround (yet to implement it), which is to simply create a DisplayObject 'touch zone' to handle my drawing events, rather than utilising the container view.