ribbon mesh ... fourth (and last js) version

jerome

Thank you

You are very clear :)

I am on linux and use SublimeText. I just added the references so the editor could autocomplete. It is just confort, I can delete them.

I will use gulp as you suggest and not tsc.

I'll test ... wednesday, now.

thank you :)

aarg...

I sent an unfinished documentation edition... "edit proposition succesfully sent"

Can't get back to complete it :(

Do I need to wait for a curator to validate it before I can continue ?

suggestion for doc editor :

have a save button (or a visible auto-save process) in the session

and

a different submit to curator or validate button

Ok, RaananW explained me many things. Thanks to him  :) 

Sorry for this PR, it wasn't on a new dedicated branch, but the same former one.

Next time I'll do cleaner.

Still fighting with git/github and Eclipse+palantir (just gave up TypEsc plugin : no doc, no wiki) : still can't understand why it protests on some var keywords and not on others ("the word var is not correctly spelled"... if you know, palantir users ?). Very strange ... :blink:

If someone knows a pertinent link with how to set up Eclipse/palantir for TS or even BJS, he/she 's welcome ;)

Else I will probably go back to old good SublimeText+TS3 plugin + gulp

One thing I noticed with the Planantir plugin an is old error sometimes still has the red underline left as an artifact.  May not be the case for spelling var, but I do a text select, it forces a re-draw.  I have solved "errors" that no longer existed before.

As far as Git/github: I cloned my local repository from my github fork like GitHub says to https://help.github.com/articles/fork-a-repo/.  I have Unbuntu, so I installed command line git.  Added my "upstream" remote from the command line.

I do all other git stuff in Eclipse, by right clicking in the "Project Explorer" & using the "Team" sub menu.  Note some stuff, like "Merging" are only available when right clicking over the Project folder.

I have had no luck doing "Team" -> "Fetch from Upstream".  To get an update I do "Team" -> "Remote" -> "Fetch From...".  I then pick the "Upstream remote".  I then do a "Team" -> "Merge".

I always do a push to my fork as a separate operation from the last commit (I have done this with the Extensions repository though, but I did not fork that one).  I push to my BabylonJS fork using "Team" -> "Push Branch..."

ok

doc not finished because.. well, bad click

I'll go on tomorrow

I wanted to update the playground today but the CreateRibbon() method wasn't yet know by the engine (maybe the build was done before the PR merge ?)

I'll do it tomorrow also.

Just a suggestion about the doc :

Wouldn't it be worth it to create a new dedicated page (or sub-page) to parametric shapes ?

The ribbon, for example, has no initial expected shape while you can expect a box to be cubic, a sphere to be spherical, etc.

I will put a ribbon example on the demo playground of course but it will just be a very particular application.

I think having an extra-page for new parametric shapes to come would be nice as we could explain accurately to users how to deal with these parameters.

Cool for the playground

As I can see these plane meshes with no material, the sideOrientation (+doubleSide) feature could be a real plus.

For the documentation, what about the API doc ?

The version 1.4 is still online with 2.0 for now.

No 2.1 yet. I can wait anyway. ;)