[WIP] Lapis Azurai - VN / Trading Sim

BlueWinds

post-12956-0-55574000-1423007011.jpg

Hello all, and thank you for a moment of your time. I am pleased to announce my third game, Lapis Azurai. The first two were rather adult in nature, so I won't link them directly.

The game will be completely free. You can play the demo here (PG-13 version), or the R-rated version here instead. I am currently running a Kickstarter Campaign, attempting to open my own game studio full-time.

Lapis Azurai

This is not a world tamed and settled, but still vibrant with magic. Settlements are scattered across the map, wherever they can find a patron to protect them or a hidden cove to shelter from the storms. Spirits demand obeisance before one can clear land for a farm. Demons ask for a drop of blood every day or they will tear down the town’s walls. A goddess protects her chosen people from the perils of the open desert in return – but no one else.

Vailia is the center of the world. Not out of arrogance does the city claim this, but as established fact – in all the thousands of miles of land and sea it has explored, no other nation dares brave the untamed wilds and storms of the open ocean. Its merchants bring together distant lands, carrying news across the known world despite the peril.

Natalie Rowena is one such. A childhood friend who left his family to follow her – an irrepressible thief who wants to see the world – a quiet warrior with a dark past and enough magic to shatter a country – these are her companion in her journey as she simply tries to make a living in a dangerous world.

About the Game

Lapis Azurai is a Business Management Game / Visual Novel, written in Javascript (Coffeescript, actually) and inspired by the likes of Recettear, Princess Maker, the Firefly board game, and Pirates of the Caribbean (yes, the third movie, not the first). It runs in your browser, either from the server or from your local machine – if you download it, the game doesn’t require an internet connection. It requires a relatively new version of Firefox, Chrome or Safari, including the mobile versions of any of these. It will not run under Internet Explorer.

The game will be free to play, and contains no advertisements or other tracking of any sort. It is funded only by developer enthusiasm and various crowd-funding methods. All game code is licensed GPL v3. All game assets (art and text) are released under Creative Commons Attribution, Non-commercial, Share-alike license.

So what?

Updates, development notes, personal anecdotes and quite a bit of art is available on my blog.

I would very much appreciate your support, and if you would help spread the word.

post-12956-0-80146200-1423007016.jpg

post-12956-0-27938700-1423007021.jpg

post-12956-0-16058200-1423007026.jpg