Setup for an Acer Chromebook

tberend

I'm a newbie to Phaser, hoping to learn enough to use it for a 'summer camp' for high-school programmers.

We plan on using the Acer Chromebook.  It is a low-cost little powerhouse, but not the most intuitive box to set up.

I will be scouring this forum as I learn, so wanted to 'pay ahead'.   Attached is a step-by-step guide to setting up Phaser on the Acer Chromebook.  

Programmers setup for ACER C720.pdf

• 4 weeks later...

Thanks.   After playing with the Chromebook, I've backed off Linux.  I'm just using the native Chromebook and Chrome Dev Tools.  https://chrome.google.com/webstore/detail/chrome-dev-editor-develop/pnoffddplpippgcfjdhbmhkofpnaalpg Runs Phaser like a charm.   I know these kids free can have free C9 accounts but not sure they will all have access to internet (this is in a Community Housing project).    Currently there is no internet in the community project room, I am using my phone as a hotspot.

DevTools provides a chopped down version of ACE editor, provides syntax marking but not auto-completions.  It's like programming 30 years ago in BASIC (which may not be a bad thing for getting these kids started).  DevTools is functional and has full integration with GitHub, I've written my first 'game' without problem.