Laying out meshes next to each other

JCPalmer

Am layout meshes in the same plane, and wish them to be right next 2 each other.  Was using boundingInfo of the left to set the position.x of the next.  This is how I thought to to it:

var s = new Font2D.s("s", scene); s.showBoundingBox = true;var bBox = s.getBoundingInfo().boundingBox;var width  = bBox.maximumWorld.x - bBox.minimumWorld.x;var t = new Font2D.t("t", scene); t.showBoundingBox = true; t.position.x = width;

You can see that their bounding boxes overlap & the letters also hit.  I my ideal world the right box of the s & left box of the t would occupy the same space.  The amount of overlap varies by the letter combos.  Ignore that bounding boxes not perfectly square, camera operator error.

post-8492-0-87775300-1424377094.png

Well,

Right as I was going to bed, I thought the only way this behaviour could change depending on the characters pairings was if either of the meshes left most point was not zero.

Ends up the 's' left most point > 0.  Shift the 't' that amount more to the right & the bounding boxes line up.  Now that I know how to line things up perfectly, need to play to see if this looks good, in addition to not overlapping.