Web App to Mobile APP

beuleal

Hi guys! I finally finished my 2nd phaser game and im ready to publish it, but i dont know how to convert into .apk and other extensions...

I alread tried cocoonjs (it comes with ads) and i didnt like... I tried phonegap, but it isnt free...

What do u use to convert?

Thanks!

Cocoonjs makes a splash screen after your splash screen and that's the only ad you ever see in the package from them. Canvas+ makes it really worth it. There is no better wrapper for mobile HTML games.

Also you can talk to them and turn off this ad by paying some cash... or so I have heard.

There is no better wrapper for mobile HTML games.

well... i have to disagree..   the number of hours i spent in developing workarounds to make my game work with cocoonjs are uncountable..  if you plan to develop a game that's going to be a little bit more complex than flappy bird stick to crosswalk..  use intel xdk to setup your project and build it for android crosswalk - (i use "beta" because for my game the current stable version is not working anymore) everything you tested in a modern browser like chrome or firefox will definitely work on your mobile device too..  with cocoonjs this is another story.. you'll have to test every little bit and hope that it will still work on your device with cocoonjs ..  simple things like button.anchor or bitmapfonts will not work without tricks and webgl..  don't get me started...

canvas+ is good when it comes to performance - that's right.. (if you manage to start your game at all) but crosswalk is only a tiny little bit slower..  i'm talking about 2-5 fps in when it comes to my current game and what i've seen it's just a matter of time until this gap is closed..  the current chrome on android 5 (which is sort of the basis for the next crosswalk build) runs my game with perfect 60fps :)

well... i have to disagree..   the number of hours i spent in developing workarounds to make my game work with cocoonjs are uncountable..  if you plan to develop a game that's going to be a little bit more complex than flappy bird stick to crosswalk..  use intel xdk to setup your project and build it for android crosswalk - (i use "beta" because for my game the current stable version is not working anymore) everything you tested in a modern browser like chrome or firefox will definitely work on your mobile device too..  with cocoonjs this is another story.. you'll have to test every little bit and hope that it will still work on your device with cocoonjs ..  simple things like button.anchor or bitmapfonts will not work without tricks and webgl..  don't get me started...

canvas+ is good when it comes to performance - that's right.. (if you manage to start your game at all) but crosswalk is only a tiny little bit slower..  i'm talking about 2-5 fps in when it comes to my current game and what i've seen it's just a matter of time until this gap is closed..  the current chrome on android 5 (which is sort of the basis for the next crosswalk build) runs my game with perfect 60fps :)

Bitmap fonts display in Cocoonjs is not really a bug. Cocoonjs in Canvas+ mode does not access DOM directly (so it can focus on speed) and that means it doesn't even know how to parse XML. But still you can use some workarounds like this https://github.com/videlais/xml-for-cocoonjs and let the magic happen.

In a previous post I didn't express myself properly. I wanted to tell Cocoonjs gave me the best results of all wrappers I've tested in terms of speed and I just generalized it as a "best wrapper". But I didn't test crosswalk and surely will look into it. Thanks for the tip! :)

yes! the end result of cocoonjs was definitely a very good one..  (once i had implemented all the quirks like my custom xml parser ;-) and setting the anchors to 0.5 by using object.x = object.x - object.width/2  and a lot of other things)

some things still remain unsolved and therefore crosswalk has become my number 1 choice.

first one.. the splash screen..  no way to get rid of ludei splash for now..   (according to ludei)

second one...  the android bottom bar..  in crosswalk it's hidden so i have a "real" fullscreen experience without permanently accidentally touching the back or the home button  (ludei said this will not change for now)

third one..  sound loops don't work.. at least not with phaser 2.2.2 there is always a gap and 100ms repeating itself (bug already reported - ludei said phaser should do a workaround)

4th...  occasionally the game crashes..  no log entries.. nothing.. 

5th...  webgl is not working for me..  i'm one of the many who only get a black screen..  no log entries or error message...

intel XDK has it's own problems .. the current linux version never loads my project after closing it.. i always have to create it as a new one if i want to work with xdk.. but this is a bug in thi IDE and has nothing to do with crosswalk.. 

the plugin system is also really cool..  i implemented admob in a blink of an eye..  cocoonjs' mopub wasn't that easy for me..

• 2 weeks later...

@valueerror 

The game has 2mb, and what i did by steps:

1. cordova start.....
  2. cordova platforms add android
  3. move from www (apache server) to www (cordova project)
  4. generate my keystore
  5. cordova build android --release

I dont remember if the codes is corect, but the sequence was that. I made changes in my manifest and config.XML. I create ant.properties to set my keystore.

Did u download the game? I need to send updates, and it gonna happen soon!

yes i tried it..    i found the ufo controls surprisingly intuitive..  i mean the method of changing the direction by rotation :)  

oke.. you basically build with cordova and did everything manually..    i guess this would be the equivalent to intel xdk "build for android" -   i tried to build my game with cordova but on my oneplus one with cyanogenmod the app only showed a white screen.. so i continued using crosswalk..