Spine rendering performance

Ezelia

Hi,

I'm presently using a frame by frame animations for a game and want to replace it with Spine.

I want to know if I will not have a performance problem knowing that I have many characters moving around (up to 30 characters per screen).

since spine use rotations and this is relatively costy with canvas, can this affect the performance ? does Pixi use any caching for Spine frames to avoid rotating operations each frame ?

what do you mean with heavily

if I take my example : 30 characters with 8 rotations each I end up with 240 rotations per frame, and I suppose each rotation will need a save/restore context ... do you think that this will not cause performance issues ?

I just don't want to invest in Spin animations if I know it'll not work :D

what do you mean with heavily

if I take my example : 30 characters with 8 rotations each I end up with 240 rotations per frame, and I suppose each rotation will need a save/restore context ... do you think that this will not cause performance issues ?

I just don't want to invest in Spin animations if I know it'll not work :D

I thought Spine can generate animation in bunch of images? I I think I read it somehwere on there website. Then why not use the images it generate as normal frame based animation?