[WIP] Adventure Quest Game (Working Title)

smartyMARTY

Hello HTML5 Game Devs!

First time post here and I would like to announce a Work In Progress with the working title of Adventure Quest Game. Pretty much the working title sums it all up: Adventure - explore a world of awe and mystery. Quest - you get stuff to do, to get more things! Game - it is fun to play!

What is the best part? You can play it at work, because it is all text based - it will just sound like you are working anyways (and lets face it, who really is?). Who are we kidding? There is so much more to this game!

This game was made as a showcase of my web technology skills; however, it turned out to become so much more! It has become a part of my "making fun for the fun of it" initiative. But, how can I find out if it is fun? Well, with your help in checking the game out and giving some brutal feedback of course!

I am really excited to share this game with you, so enough of the introductions, and more about the game's driving force:

You are an adventurer, on the ultimate quest within the world of Phynomen - to become the ruler of the world by ascending to greatness. It will be a long and arduous journey. It will be rife with excitement, death, and despair. It will force you to make uncomfortable decisions and meet even more disturbing individuals. But, to be ruler, is to be wise, and experiencing the world is what gets you there. But you are not alone in this adventure, there are others like, wandering this world, embarking upon the same quest. You must act with fast decisions and speed to compete. Only you have the power to become the ruler of the world of Phynomen.

On top of this awesome objective, there are many parts of the site itself that help you out. There is a game manual (something not seen often) to help you get started. There is also a limited graphical UI for your inventory and stats, to help you out in the heat of combat. Finally, there is a ranking system so you can see how you fare in the quest to rule Phynomen.

So, what are you waiting for? Go to http://adventuregamequest.azurewebsites.net/ sign up and play! I will be eagerly awaiting your feedback!

Want to know what it looks like? Check it out below (Screen capture from the manual, the colored boxes are not present in the game):

Untitled.png