Assign different properties to sprite in group

crouzilles

Hi,

I have a very basic breakout game with 20 bricks.

I add the bricks to the screen like this

bricks = game.add.group();bricks.enableBody = true;// Create the 20 bricksfor (var i = 0; i < 5; i++) {    for (var j = 0; j < 4; j++) {        var val = game.rnd.integerInRange(1, 4);        if (val % 3 == 0) {            game.add.sprite(40+i*160, 55+j*60, 'pink_brick', 0, bricks);        } else {            game.add.sprite(40+i*160, 55+j*60, 'blue_brick', 0, bricks);        }     }}// Make sure that the bricks won't movebricks.setAll('body.immovable', true);

I also have a function being triggered in the update when the ball hits a brick like this:

function update() {    .....    .....    // Make the bricks and the ball collide    game.physics.arcade.collide(ball, bricks, ball_hits_bricks);    .....    .....}function ball_hits_bricks(ball, brick) {    brick.kill();    update_score(10);    sound_brick_hit.play();}

Currently the player gets 10 points for hitting a brick, but I would like the player to get 20 points for hitting a pink brick and 10 for hitting a blue brick.

Am I able to assign different properties to sprites added to a group and then retrieve those properties when something happens (e.g: ball hits brick), what ever the properties maybe be or the number of properties for that matter? If so, how do I achieve this?

If not, what do you suggest?

Regards

Crouz

Javascript is very flexible.

You should be able to do this when creating the bricks:

brick.scoreValue = 10;

And then in your function

function ball_hits_bricks(ball, brick) {brick.kill();update_score(brick.scoreValue);sound_brick_hit.play();}