hahaha!  Very cool, Ice!  (ar ar).  I actually LOVE the "more than 180" rotate.  It adds a bunch of "personality" to the scene.  :)

But, hmm.  We must consider keeping our position translation... locked-to engine.getDeltaTime()... if possible.  On my new computer, the translating is insanely fast.  On my old computer... it's more manageable.  I don't know if animations can compensate for different computer speeds, though.  I'm sure this issue has arisen many times before this.  Folks have talked about these things, I bet.  :)

My World's Worst Flight Sim flies at (approx) the same speed, no matter the puter.  It uses deltaTime. 

But ohhhh... my CSG Godrays demo... phew... it's rotation was SO nice and gentle on my old computer.  Now that I look at it with better gear... it's just WHIZZING around... totally ruining the coolness.  Sigh.  I didn't lock it to deltaTime.  Every little rotating demo I have ever done... is going 10 million MPH these days.  hrmf.  :)

Thanks Ice!  Too good!  Well done!  DH is getting a nice pile of toys to play-with.  Hey, we're slow, but we're dedicated, right?  :)

Yeah boy!  Plus, I begged deltakosh for a "how would HE do it" playground... but he said something about teaching his 2-month old little girl... to code webGL, errr something.  :)

I don't mean to camp-on the elapsed time issue, but... the Floof particle thread got me thinkin' some more.  Floof makes music videos and other such fun.  Well darned if key points in a music piece... don't happen at certain elapsed times.  As best I can tell, when folks want things to happen in BJS... at key-points in a piece of RECORDED music... thoust shalst use elapsed time.  Yay!

Unrecorded music (MIDI) is a bit different.  Ideally, we will be able to get MIDI SysEx (system exclusive) messages sent into JS, where we can interpret the sysex bytes into usable midi timeline events.  We can be informed of downbeats and other musical things happening in the piece.  But no singers allowed in MIDI music... its just the user's local synthesizer playing it.  Yep, actionManager.onSysExTrigger ... coming soon... to a framework near you.  (ahem)

Get the models, get the scene ready, pre-fetch the music, and... wait for it...  GO!

Walk like... an E-gyp-tian .. boom de boom... boom boom de boom... etc.  (love that song)  :)

http://qiao.github.io/euphony/#209  It isn't AniMusic but it's a start.  :)

• 2 weeks later...

Tried again to avoid the "long turn" rotation. I think it is always taking the shorter direction to turn now. Had to put the animation in the beforeRender function to get better control. Maybe that helps anybody who got the same problem. 

http://playground.babylonjs.com/#Z3UOX#10

Please test it in case there are still errors :P But seemed to work well as far as I can tell.

I was just working on this yesterday, and didn't quite finish last night with a result worth publishing.  But as normal, iceman comes through first - and it's always solid math.  I don't really even need to work anymore - I can just watch the posts, and one of the many gurus here will eventually do the work for me.  :D  Yeah, that sounds lazy, but soooo true.

Great work iceman.