world bound

Yanifska

Hi, I am trying to make a game in which the world should be vertical and upward.

however since the "pivot" of the world is on the top left corner I am not sure how to do that.

When I increase the height then the world grows downward.

Is there a way to invert the y axis somehow ?

Does that question makes sense ?  Should be easy right ?

Thank you

Yes I already did something like that

my problem is with set bound, when I set a higher size, the game will be going downward

what I did was to move the world up

I was afraid it would mess with the coordinates of my objects but it seems fine.

Maybe because they are in screen coordinate ? Not sure

anyway thank you

This might seem terribly hacky, I don't know... but what if you rotated your Stage 180 degrees? Or set its y scale to -1? Does that work?

Basically, the data doesn't *really* matter, it's how it's shown. If everything in the library makes the world grow down then just display it going up, if that makes sense.

MichaelId solution is working for me, I thought also it would mess up the coordinates, but everything seems fine for now.

And that' why I don't want to rotate the world, I am afraid it will mess up all the coordinates and trigonometric caculations...Not sure what is the best practice

I tried to set the world bound to -2000 height but it didn't work. It needs a positive value I think, or the world size need to be greater than the game size.