HTML text input within Phaser canvas

owen

On 9/10/2018 at 4:38 AM, Davaaron said:

Unfortunately, the plugin is not working for me tho (Android). But it works on iPhone 6.

The event KeyBoard.open and KeyBoard.close are triggered on android (i change a visible text), but no keyboard is popped up.

Try Phaser 2.6.2 or someone needs to fix Phaser CE 2.11.0 so it will work with the phaser plugin-input

3 hours ago, farhan said:

Works great with Phaser 2.6.2 but does not work right with Phaser CE 2.11.0

What happens?

3 hours ago, farhan said:

Speaking on Phaser CE 2.11.0 I found out that it defaulting the game to use Canvas instead of WebGL. Is there a reason to use Canvas as default?

It doesn't, it uses AUTO, which favors WEBGL like before.

This is the only 3rd party plugin I am still using but I think having some pure HTML inputbox while game fades out would be much better. Just imagine the situation, the input is at th bottom of the screen... native keyboard will overlay the input so user cannot see what she is typing. If you do not do this and your implemented your game so it scales to mobile screen size, you can guess what user will see :)

23 hours ago, samme said:

What happens?

It doesn't, it uses AUTO, which favors WEBGL like before.

That is weird; when I set AUTO for Phaser CE 2.11.0, I believe it uses Canvas for the IOS devices because everything played at a slow framerate. It runs faster when I set to WEBGL. When I use 2.6.2, everything runs much faster and smoother/higher framer rate for the same device when set AUTO.