BJS marketting : wikipedia

jerome

I said somewhere "submitting a wikipedia article isn't as straight forward as editing the github wiki"  :(

dbawel, you are doing the first big step for all other us... because, once your english wikipedia article will be accepted, all other language wikipedia articles will have faster approval

It's not because it's english, but if an article exists in a given language, it is then more easily accepted in another one. So the very first article is the hardest to get approval.

thanks again to be the first  ;)

Hey Jerome,

This is something I'm just learning for the first time.  I do appriciate Wikipedia, as they usually vet their articles well, and they almost all work for free or for very little.  When I was on the live chat, the gentleman I was speaking with was chatting with 3 other people at the same time, and trying to keep track of all conversations.  And you're correct - once we get babylon on the Wikipedia map, the process is much faster once we're on record.  Also, the page belongs to everyone, so at that time anyone in the BJS community can edit and/or add to the page.  

I'm happy to get things started, and hope the Wikipedia commitee approves soon.  I sent a copy to DK, and at least he thought I was correct in my research - which wasn't all that much as he filled in most of the gaps I had in the history of babylon.  Now I just need to find more time to add to the documentation site.  Thanks to everyone who provided info for the Wiki page, and I look forward to what others might add in the future.  Again, I'll post here once the page is up.

Cheers,

DB

And of course, we'll all benefit once there's a babylon.js Wikipedia page in every language!  From what I gather on this forum, there appear to be many more users outside of english speaking countries who use BJS.  What a great community!  :)

• 3 months later...