Object Velocity

0penS0urce

I'm trying to add velocity to one of my platforms, which is from an Object constructor since I'm trying to make an endless runner. But, I can never seem to get velocity on the platform, it only stay there. Am I missing an constructor, or do I put velocity in another function? By the way, if you have a better idea to make an endless runner, please share! Thanks in Advance!

platform = function (game, x, y, vx){    Phaser.Sprite.call(this, game, x, y, 'plat');    this.anchor.setTo(0.5, 0.5);        };platform.prototype.create = function(){}platform.prototype.update = function(){    this.x -= 20;}platform.prototype = Object.create(Phaser.Sprite.prototype);platform.prototype.constructor = platform;var game = new Phaser.Game(640, 480, Phaser.AUTO, '', { preload: preload, create: create, update: update });function preload() {      game.load.image('plat', 'assets/platform.png');}function create() {    plat1 = new platform(game, 350, 240, -1);    game.add.existing(plat1);                  }function update() {          } 

You have these two lines after your create and update definitions:

1. platform.prototype = Object.create(Phaser.Sprite.prototype);
  2. platform.prototype.constructor = platform;

They will overwrite your custom update method with the sprite's prototype. As in, the "platform.prototype.update" goes away.