Need Help in Developing 3D Interior Design Application

Ghar360

• 3 weeks later...

Hi g360, welcome to the forum.  I'm Wingnut, local ding-dong bloviator and demented 3D experimenter... how ya dooooon?  I hope well.  Not much response to your query, eh?  Sorry about that.  Let me see if I can offer some ideas.

First, what about the straight-on approach?  It looks like http://www.plus360degrees.com/ are the authors (duh?)... and its done in 3JS.   More specifically, Heiko Kampmann might be its lead author.  https://plus.google.com/+HeikoKampmann/posts/URJ9Lap7ewP

I would make contact with the first website I mentioned, and just plain ask nicely for all the source code.   Ensure them that you are not trying to build something that competes with their products (if that is true).  If you are building a site that might compete with theirs, tell them... and they still might be cooperative... because you were truthful.  (imho)

IF you get their code, borrowed or otherwise, turn it into pseudo code.  In other words, map-out what they are doing (not all that much, easily doable in BJS).  Turn it into a flow chart or outline.  Then, start your BJS version, fleshing-out the flow chart.  Most of your work... will be making models.  The BabylonJS part of the project... will be easy.  Really.  You'll do it with BJS... in half the amount of code that they needed for the 3JS version.

You know how it goes.  Show the +360 author(s) respect, friendliness, and true intentions, and they might give you the world (source code and lots more).  Worth a try, right?

Again, welcome aboard, and sorry for the sleepy responses.  That's quite a "general" question you asked.  Home-Design apps are not a common type of "easy playground demo".  There are many people working-on home design apps, but most are kept close to home (ar ar)... as they are bound for commercial use.  (trade secrets, etc). 

But you don't necessarily need code.  You need pseudo code... a plan... and lots of models.  When it comes time to code the Babylon JS javascript, that will be done in a day or less.  Heck, if you sneeze in a certain direction, the code will write itself.  BJS is THAT easy... it really is.  Replicating the functionality of that scene/app... is a yawn for BJS.  Babylon.js could run 400 of those apps at the same time, and STILL do your laundry and grocery shopping for you.  :)

Be well... good luck... keep us posted on the project, if you please.