Getting BJS shadows shown on materials with baked diffuse textures

JCPalmer

I have a test scene / .blend for checking my many changes for the Blender exporter.  One change was procedural texture baking, the other was including all the shadowGenerator options of 2.0:

post-8492-0-78541900-1437079589.png

One thing I did for baked textures was to not to specify the standard colors on the material that contained it.  They were already baked in.  If you do, then in BJS they're like added twice.  Everything looks very close to Blender without them.

When you show a shadow of something across the material, things get weird.  You only get a shadow on extreme angles.  In the test scene, the shadow falls on a multi-material, where the std mat color is like lime.  On the part of the plane not showing any texture, you get a shadow.  The other part is a bake diffuse texture.  You only get a shadow at certain angles.  See https://googledrive.com/host/0B6-s6ZjHyEwUfkxKTWU2cXZQOGxydC1KS2o0NHUzRzFUTFlNYldDUmIzZ0JxeGVqMlU3c3M

Here is what it looks like with the std materials in the mat with texture.  You get shadow, but the color is not the same:

post-8492-0-11309700-1437080535.png

I can fixed it without changing the color by substituting this for the color:

material.diffuseColor  = new BABYLON.Color3(0.8,0.8,0.8);

post-8492-0-71406700-1437088608.png

This is the correct image with shadow.  Why does this work?  Notice the brown wood floor does not have a green hue.  I do not like hardcoding a fix to something which I do not understand.

Hey,

I'm not sure what you mean. You say the color is different, do you refer to the shadow color? I would think this is the way it should be. But I must be missing something :-). Can you upload an image of the way you think it should be? With this diffuse color fix?