Handling sound and music in Phaser

darkraziel

I've been working on a few projects using Phaser and HTML5 and I would like to know how is everyone else handling sound and music playback?

I'm currently using howler.js for everything audio related, but I haven't tried using Phaser's Audio libraries or any other kind of library for it. Is Phaser's native library good enough? should I just keep using howler? or does anyone have some suggestion for other libraries?

Thank you for all the help.

ps: excuse the poor english please

I used to work with CocoStudio and I was using howler back then. When I started using Phaser I just kept using howler and didn't even test phaser's audio manager. Does it have good enough support for multiple browsers? or more than 1 audio playing at the same time or from an audiosprite?

I am new at all this, but for the simple things I've tried, the Phaser audio is quite adequate. In my space shooter, there is no problem playing the enemy and player shooting sounds simultaneously. 

I've played it with chrome and firefox and both are solid. 

Phaser's own audio manager already supports the features you need:

- multiple simultaneous effects 

- audio sprites

In addition, it has most of the other features listed on howler's front page, e.g. webaudio, fading, global mute, etc. so it's more than good enough to replace howler. And you can depend on one less 3rd party library.