Female bodybuilder kickboxing in 3D

ozRocker

I've been scanning a bodybuilder from New Zealand and I've put together an animation of her doing some kickboxing.  I exported the animation from Blender for this one.  Runs at 60fps on iPhone 6+.  It should work on all browsers, if not, please report any problems you find.

www.punkoffice.com/tori

can you try with the new mesh.computeBonesUsingShaders = false to see if Iphone can handle bones in software

That worked!  However, it dropped the frame rate noticeably.  I might stick with karate chop hands for now.  Can't wait till mobile devices become powerful enough to handle 2 avatars on screen at once

Hey ozRocker,

Again, the scan looks great - nice mesh and great UV textures.  The animation appears to be captured, but motions such as flipping have an un-natural weight to them.  What did you use to capture the motion, and if so, it looks as though you used a stunt rig for the flips and other air work.  Is this the case?

Cheers,

DB

I used Mixamo for the animations.  I scan my subjects doing an A-pose then I use the Blender meta-rig to re-position them to a T-pose cos that works best with the Mixamo auto-rigger.  Yeh, that flip looks like its been slowed down.  Not sure why they would've done that.  Maybe for effect?

I'm not familiar with Mixamo, but I'm sure they used mocap for the library motions.  I personally wouldn't have slowed down the stunt air motions, but I suppose that Mixamo thought it looked better - for some odd reason.  Again, nice scan and rigging.

They might've slowed it down due to the frame rate limit.  Their animations don't have a high frame rate so really fast movements just look jerky unless they are slowed down.

Mixamo is great for prototyping and gaming.  Its the only auto-rigger in the world at the moment.  You just specify chin, groin, wrists, knees and elbows and it'll provide a full skeleton with weighting.  A major time-saver!