Image isn't drawn in Chrome but drawn in Safari

oh_noes

Hi there,

I have started experimenting with Phaser, and found an issue: when trying to draw the custom image, it is not drawn in Chrome, but drawn in Safari. There is some error in WebGLRenderGroup.js, see attached screenshot.

The Chrome and Safari I'm testing on are the latest Mac versions.

Please also find the image I used for testing. I have just replaced the starfield.jpg in the assets with this one and tried running breakout.php.

As the default starfield.jpg image is shown in both browsers, it looks like there is some issue with my picture, but unfortunately, I have no idea what it is.

post-5148-0-92865500-1381569217.jpg

post-5148-0-80097700-1381569224_thumb.pn

I'm using the image attached, exactly how it's uploaded. It's 640x480. So I really don't know what is the problem here.

EDIT: Maybe someone could try to use this image as well? if the issue reproduces in another Chrome, it will mean that there is some problem with the saved file I guess.

Hm, it's weird. Looks like the jpeg is corrupted, it's shown in Safari but when I browse the forum from Chrome, it's not. Anyway, I have tried another image, only 320x320 size and it gives the same result in the example game.

Here is the link to imgur with two pics: the first one is just a screenshot with this post, the second one is the 320x320 image (shown in Safari, not shown in Chrome): http://imgur.com/a/LwPs6

Try using one of the images in the examples/assets folder. Look in /pics for example, there are loads in there. Try and display ANY of those, what happens?

I suspect something is going wrong either with how you're saving the images out or some in-between conversion process, because they don't load at all for me and are reporting as corrupted (Chrome / Windows).

The images from assets work totally fine, so it looks like some issue with the image format for me as well. However, it's pretty interesting why this happens and why these images are shown in one browser, but now shown in another