callback functions for buttons in a group.

kemz

I created 18 buttons and each button should point to specific callback function ( play a specific level).  I was able to create the  18 buttons and added them to  a button  group called   world1LevelGroup. The problem is  i can't make  each button to point to a specific function. The code is shown below. Any help please? 

x = this.game.world.centerX; y = this.game.world.centerY; level = [] ; world1LevelGroup = this.add.group();for( var i = 1; i <=3; i++){         for( var j = 1; j <=6; j++){                           if( j == 1){n= i;}            if( j == 2){n= i + 3;}            if( j == 3){n= i+6;}            if( j == 4){n= i+9;}            if( j == 5){n= i+12;}            if( j == 6){n= i+15;}                      level[n]  =  this.add.button(i*(x*0.5), j*(y/1.8), 'levelbt',  this.playLevel, this);         level[n].anchor.setTo(0.5);         level[n].scale.setTo(0.5,0.5);                 if( i >1 ||j>1){                     level[n].alpha = 0.4;                      level[n].input.enabled = false;                 }         this.add.tween(level[n]).from( { x: 2*x + 200}, 1000, Phaser.Easing.Bounce.Out, true);         world1LevelGroup.add(level[n]);         }         }

Thanks in advance.

You can create function references dynamically. Say for example your functions are called "playLevel1", "playLevel2", and so on.. you could do:

this.add.button(i*(x*0.5), j*(y/1.8), 'levelbt',  this['playLevel' + c], this);

Where 'c' is a number, so you could create the buttons in a for loop.

Alternatively though you could make each button point to the same function, and then just check which button invoked that function. The button is passed as an argument to the function, at which point you could check to see which one it was.