Bablyon.js for real/time sensor display (Serious Game)

DrYSG

I have not built Multi-Player 3D games for over 10 years. But I now have a project and I want to choose a WebGL engine I looked at:

• Babylon.js
  • Three.js
  • PlayCanvas
  • Cesium

And I am am strongly leaning towards Babylon. Does anyone see any caveats, show-stoppers, or things I should be careful about.

Does anyone have any pointers to work done using babylon.js as a way of veiwing real-world data? We have a variety of real sensors are sending motion, location, and visual clues via WebSockets. We need to handle a 25 FPS update rate, and have this animate, move, change meshes, change materials of Babylon.js objects.

Some idea of the upper-bound that we can handle on a top-end workstation browser (GTX980 GPU) would be good input.

Features that are important include:

• Easy import of 3D models (scene construction)
  • buildings, roads, signs, bikes, cars, pedestrians
  • LOD (Level of Detail)
  • WebSocket
    • This is critical, since we will be getting live data streams to drive the objects location, orientation, and attributes
    • This also means that the objects need to be script-able (loc, orientation, attributes (size, and color and texture would be nice) based on websocket data

• buildings, roads, signs, bikes, cars, pedestrians
  • physics
  • collision detect
  • mensuration from the model (engineers want to measure distance, light, speed, acceleration, etc.)
  • Timeline control (forward, back, single-step)
  • Camera control (first person, 3rd person, follow-me)
  • Fog and atmospheric effects (outdoor lighting).
  • Only Linux and Windows support needed for right now
  • Can use NVIDIA GeForce GTX 980

Development time is at a premium. so the easier to get started, and testing the better.

Hello and welocme:)

some live examples:

http://live2.dotvision.com/live/virtualTour?guid=f0045a3c-6c11-4329-b881-8d8a170538fb〈=fr&intro=true

http://babylonbing.azurewebsites.net/

from your list:

• Easy import of 3D models (scene construction): We support import from 3dsmax, blender, unity5, obj, stl, fbx, gltf
  • LOD (Level of Detail): Integrated
  • WebSocket: This is not related to babylon.js but there is absolutely no problem to use websockets with babylon.js
  • physics: provided by oimo, cannon or the one you want because it is based on a plugin model
  • collision detect: integrated
  • mensuration from the model (engineers want to measure distance, light, speed, acceleration, etc.): scene graph can provide these info
  • Camera control (first person, 3rd person, follow-me): and even more:)
  • Fog and atmospheric effects (outdoor lighting): fog, volumetric lightscattering, post processes
  • Only Linux and Windows support needed for right now: this is browser based :)
  • Can use NVIDIA GeForce GTX 980: for sure!

Do these example work with you?

The virtual tour shows a surrealistic view with a VERY low PFS, the second one states:

Access was denied. You may have entered your credentials incorrectly, or you might not have access to the requested resource or operation.

Do these example work with you?

The virtual tour shows a surrealistic view with a VERY low PFS, the second one states:

Access was denied. You may have entered your credentials incorrectly, or you might not have access to the requested resource or operation.

http://live2.dotvisi...g=fr&intro=true => not works

http://babylonbing.azurewebsites.net/ => this works for me