Ray error with pickable meshes which deform

JCPalmer

I have had an intermittent error, in one of my sample scenes.  Could never reproduce it on command till now.  This has been happening for a long time, not just 2.2, though I am using this mornings 2.2.max in the link below.

Have been testing new versions of POV & MOPRH extensions.  In this scene, there are a group of buttons, which deform the plane mesh.  The mesh is pickable, so that you can click on it after pressing the 'Conflict' button & reset it.

Everything works, if and only if you put the cursor over the mesh Before you press any of the buttons.  If a deform occurs first, you get a console error when the mouse moves over the mesh, and it does not change to a pointing hand.

https://googledrive.com/host/0B6-s6ZjHyEwUeXlkcGtoT1duTEU/

The error is 'vertex1 is undefined', as shown on the last line below.  I am in the process of upgrading MORPH, if there was something I should do, that would be fine.  Problem is what.  Thanks.

Ray.prototype.intersectsTriangle = function (vertex0, vertex1, vertex2) {            if (!this._edge1) {                this._edge1 = Vector3.Zero();                this._edge2 = Vector3.Zero();                this._pvec = Vector3.Zero();                this._tvec = Vector3.Zero();                this._qvec = Vector3.Zero();            }            vertex1.subtractToRef(vertex0, this._edge1);

Of course, I needed to go through the exercise of publishing a test & posting a topic to realize that this probably a result of the Mesh.updateVerticesDataDirectly calls.  There is eventually a setting of the of the original VerfexBuffer._data to null, which might be too aggressive.  The goal of direct updates was to fully process in Float32Arrays and take a short cut, and avoid all the short lived garbage generation needed. Made SIMD interpolation simple as well.

Think, chucking all the non-typed array data for 2.3, might be a good idea, with almost no rework outside of switching args in Typescript from number[] to Float32Array or Uint16Array.  The data would then stored closer to GPU transfer format already.