Mixing canvas operations with Phaser

Hsaka

Hi, I'm trying to draw some primitive polygons and such using Canvas. I know there is a Graphics object which can be used to do the same thing, but there will be lots of polygons and the primitives will be modified every frame, and doing so with Graphics objects leads to lots of slowdown.

When mixing canvas operations and Phaser sprites, the canvas primitives are shifted around. Is there any way to render the primitives properly?

I modified the 'playing with points' example to show this, it simply adds a sprite:

<script type="text/javascript">    var game = new Phaser.Game(800, 600, Phaser.CANVAS, '', {preload: preload, create: create,update:update,render:render});    var p1;    var p2;    var p3;    var p4;    var d2 = 0;    var d3 = 0;    var d4 = 0;        function preload() {      game.load.image('mushroom', 'assets/sprites/mushroom2.png');    }    function create() {        p1 = new Phaser.Point(game.world.centerX, game.world.centerY);        p2 = new Phaser.Point(p1.x - 50, p1.y - 50);        p3 = new Phaser.Point(p2.x - 50, p2.y - 50);        p4 = new Phaser.Point(p3.x - 50, p3.y - 50);                var test = game.add.sprite(200, 200, 'mushroom');    }    function update() {        p2.rotate(p1.x, p1.y, game.math.wrapAngle(d2), true, 150);        p3.rotate(p2.x, p2.y, game.math.wrapAngle(d3), true, 50);        p4.rotate(p3.x, p3.y, game.math.wrapAngle(d4), true, 100);        d2 += 1;        d3 += 4;        d4 += 6;    }    function render() {        game.context.strokeStyle = 'rgb(0,255,255)';        game.context.beginPath();        game.context.moveTo(p1.x, p1.y);        game.context.lineTo(p2.x, p2.y);        game.context.lineTo(p3.x, p3.y);        game.context.lineTo(p4.x, p4.y);        game.context.stroke();        game.context.closePath();        game.context.fillStyle = 'rgb(255,255,0)';        game.context.fillRect(p1.x, p1.y, 4, 4);        game.context.fillStyle = 'rgb(255,0,0)';        game.context.fillRect(p2.x, p2.y, 4, 4);        game.context.fillStyle = 'rgb(0,255,0)';        game.context.fillRect(p3.x, p3.y, 4, 4);        game.context.fillStyle = 'rgb(255,0,255)';        game.context.fillRect(p4.x, p4.y, 4, 4);    }</script>

Played around with 

game.context.setTransform(1,0,0,1,0,0);

at the start of the render function and that seems to work.

As a follow-up question, how do I make the sprite appear in-front of what's being rendered in the render function?