Issues with Cocoonjs and switching frameworks.

igroz777

I made a simple game with Phaser and tried porting it to android with cocoonjs. I set res at 480x800. I ran the compiled app on a Samsung tab(1024x600). The app took only a portion of the screen, as expected. The buttons tough didn't work but if u tapped the area were the buttons should have been if the game was scaled to the screen size of the device the game worked. How should I fix this and why are textures drawn in one place but their functionality is somewhere else on the screen?

And on a side note, I was wondering if I should switch to unity. I originally planned to make games for windows phone but haven't found anything that ports phaser to WP. And there are so many issues I read on the forum about issues of porting games to android that I don't feel confident enough embarking on a serious project that I intend to publish to mobile platforms.

If your only target is native mobile apps, then yes, Unity makes a lot more sense imho. Having said that I see loads of new mobile games made in Phaser released every week, but I still don't doubt for a second Unity would be a more powerful route.

Thanks for a quick reply rich. I guess I will use unity to develop my mobile apps.

I would like to say that I am very impressed with Phaser. Loads of material, very detailed docs and a great community too. I will wait until cocoonjs(which is great too) becomes more stable with phaser integration.